The Sunnyside neighborhood is located north, west of the downtown Denver. The Sunnyside neighborhood is situated north of the Lohi Neighborhood (lower Highland) and east of Berkeley Neighborhood. The neighborhood is a walkable and bikeable to Downtown Denver. Sunnyside homes for sale are booming as the neighborhood is experiencing a renewal of energy and vitality. This is due to an influx of restaurants, breweries and new construction development, beckoning new residents from the southern neighborhood of Lohi. Sunnyside homes for sale include a mix of detached single-family homes, townhomes, and duplexes. The neighborhood also has its fair share of modern new builds and pop-tops. If you live in Denver you are familiar with this type of infill. Sunnyside offers more than just homes for sale. The neighborhood offers a great mix of vibe, amenities, location and neighborhood feel. If you are looking for a cool, undervalued neighborhood in Denver, you have come to the right page.
Sunnyside has a very neighborhoody feel at its core despite an industrial wrap to the north. Chaffee Park serves as the main park for the hood and is easy to access from most of the neighborhood. A new pedestrian and bike path were opened in 2016 and run's along Inca St. to the Platte River Trail offering easy, dedicated access from Sunnyside to downtown Denver. The town center for the hood is still shaping up as there are a few spots vying for that distinction.
The Cobbler's Corner (44th and Alcott St.) 41st and Tejon St. 38th Ave Sunnyside homes for sale will continue to increase as the popularity of the neighborhood grows. The addition of light rail and ease of access to both I-25 and I-70 add to the desirability to live here. Sunnyside homes for sale are listed in the zip code of 80216.
IMAGES The top 3 things that make Sunnyside a great place to live
Location | Affordability | Light rail
- Close proximity to Downtown Denver and Lohi: At only 2.1 miles from Union Station, the Sunnyside neighborhood is practically downtown. Walking or bicycling into the city center is a piece of cake via the dedicated bike path from Sunnyside to Downtown Denver.
- Affordability: With the popularity of the surrounding area, Sunnyside homes for sale are averaging about 25% less on a per square foot basis. Sunnyside is a deal right now if you want to be in the urban core of Denver.
- Lightrail: The 41st and Fox light rail stop is located less than one mile from the Sunnyside neighborhood. The RTD (Regional Transportation District) Gold Line offers service from Downtown Denver to Wheat Ridge and Arvada. Airport access is also available via a train switch at Union Station.
Sunnyside Amenities Things to love about this neighborhood
- Easy access to I-25
- Huckleberry Rosters (the best coffee in the city, hands down)
- The Universal (breakfast)
- Lou’s Food Bar (the French Fizz is off the charts if it's still available)
- Sunnyside Burger Bar
- Ernie’s Bar & Pizza (Our favorite pizza in the city, killer tap list as well)
- Diebolt Brewing
- Factotum Brewhouse
- Denver Beer Co
- Bonacquisti Wine Co.
- Sunnyside Music Fest (awesome music festival raising money for local charities)
- Sunnyside Natural Market
An artful use of common and private space that maximizes privacy and solar potential, this single family home is weaved into a courtyard community inspiring...