Best Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day in Colorado with the Family
Posted by Neir Team on Monday, January 27, 2020 at 11:19 AM By Neir Team / January 27, 2020 Comment
With Denver Public Schools closed for the day, this Valentine’s Day offers a special opportunity to spend quality time with all your sweethearts. We searched for the best day trips (or weekend trips if your prefer) in Colorado that the entire family will LOVE.
Need to stay local? We’ve got some ideas for that too.
What to Do in Colorado With The Family on Valentine's Day - Road Trip
- Loveland is the capitol of Colorado on Valentine’s Day. Soak it all in at their second annual Loveland Sweetheart Festival, themed “Love, Locks and Light.” Bonus – The festival continues on Saturday, February 15.
- Head south to the gorgeous Garden of the Gods. A great place to visit any day, on Valentine’s Day Garden of the Gods is having a “kissing camels” coloring session. Reservations required.
- Also to our south, spend a day appreciating wildlife at “Valentine’s Day with the Wolves” presented by the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center in Divide. Reservations required.
- Steamboat Springs is having a “Light the Night Celebration.” It actually has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day, but hot air balloon glows are always loved by all! Likewise, the Ice Castle in Dillion is also sure to please.
What to Do in Colorado With The Family on Valentine's Day - Close to Home
- Whimsy Paint and Sip in Central Park is hosting a special painting session “Owl You Need is Love.” How cute is that?
- In Highlands Ranch, decorate cookies with your kiddos, then let them burn it off with lots of fun play at Play Street Museum. Best for kids aged 1-8.
- Park Hill Library is hosting a heart-shaped boxes and card making craft session. If you are not near NE Denver, check your local library to see if they have a special event to commemorate the day.
- Pancakes taste all the sweeter when shared with a love one. Head to Ace Hardware in Commerce City for a “Valentine’s Pancake Breakfast,” with all proceeds benefiting Children’s Hospital. You gotta love that!
- Not Valentine’s Day related, go see the much-loved book Goodnight Moon on stage. Another option for Family Time is the Four Mile House Museum, which is having a free day.
Whatever you do, enjoy your special time with special people.
~Stacy Neir, Alex Neir, Laura Fuller; The Neir Team
Post a Comment