Colorado Rockies Opening Day at the Ballpark and Beyond
photo: Rox Pile
Colorado Rockies Opening Day might just be Denver’s most anticipated spring event. Here’s what you need to know to get the most out of the Rockies Opening Day – whether or not you have tickets!
Colorado Rockies Opening Day at the Ballpark
While the game starts at 2:10 p.m., if you have tickets be sure to head to the stadium early. (If for no other reason than to find a parking place or avoid overcrowded light-rail trains!) The parking garage opens at 9 a.m.
Get a first look at our home team when they take the field for practice at 11:20 a.m. At noon, the Rooftop opens for drink specials and music. Pregame activities include honorary first pitches, music and a flyover. Fireworks are expected after the National Anthem, when the Rockies take the field and during the 7th-inning stretch.
Rockies Opening Day in Downtown Denver
Missed out on tickets or want to spend some time downtown before or after the ballgame? Here are some spots to visit on Rockies Opening Day.
- ViewHouse: Get a very early start here at 8 a.m. for $4 Coors and music. Don’t have a ticket to the game? They have some to giveaway!
- Ophelia’s: Get your funk on with live music from Super Majick at noon. No cover charge!
- Howl at the Moon: Doors open at 11 a.m. for $3 Coors, $5 Jameson and $25 Home Run Buckets. Head back after the game for live music.
- Vesta: Have a sample of Nitro Cracker Jacks while heading to the game. We have no idea what those are, but sure – why not?
- Improper City: Find food trucks, drink specials and music.
- Avelina: From 11 a.m. to 2:10 p.m., score free bratwurst and Coors Light!
- The Pig & The Sprout: Hang out on one of the patios for pre- or post-game drink specials.
- 21st & Blake: A Red Robin food truck serve will up FREE steak fries. Yes, please. We are guessing these will go fast!
Other Rockies Opening Day Festivities
If you want to partake in the fun, but don’t want to brave the crowds downtown, here are some other options.
- Avanti Food and Beverage: Find $4 beers and happy hour pricing from 2-6 p.m. All vendors open at 10 a.m.
- Factorum Brewhouse: Your ticket is your ticket to BOGO drinks. Don’t have tickets? Watch the game there.
p.s. Moving to Denver or looking for new digs? Check current Denver Real Estate listings here.
Post a Comment